For 8 serving(s).
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 19 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 small cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 10 sprigs cilantro, chopped
- In a large skillet, heat canola oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté until they start to brown. Stir in curry powder, cinnamon, paprika, cayenne pepper, bay leaf, ginger, sugar, and salt. Stir until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add chickpeas, cauliflower, and peas. Stir in broth and coconut milk. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 20-25 minutes, or until cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat.
- Remove bay leaf. Garnish with cilantro and serve.
Recipe courtesy Canadian Pulse Industry from Pulses UK