What membership choices do I have?
We have a number of membership options but it all starts with our two primary memberships types
- Eco membership. Our most environmentally friendly primary membership from just £2 a month, with access to The Vegan online, which is available internationally.
- Paper-based membership. A membership that includes a printed edition of our award-winning quarterly magazine The Vegan from just £3 a month. Only available for those living in the UK
- Additional membership. Just 75p a month, for those living at the same address of the primary membership, including families and friends. This can be added on to the primary membership during sign up.
You can select to pay a higher membership fee to support us further.
Is a life membership available?
Yes, we do have life membership options, eco and paper-based. If you choose to pay with a card, you will be offered the chance to join for life. Prices start at £350
Do you offer any discounts on membership?
We offer a £6 discount on annual memberships for those under 16, students in full-time education or if income is less than £18,390.
What rewards will I receive?
Everyone who joins The Vegan Society receives the following:
- Membership card
- Access to over 130 third party discounts including 10% off Holland & Barrett and 10% off VEG 1
- Quarterly magazine The Vegan
- Direct access to our in-house vegan dietitian
- Access to the exclusive Members' Area of our website
- An opportunity to shape the future of The Vegan Society at the Annual General Meeting
- Access to V Museum – the history of The Vegan Society
If you selected our paper-based membership option, then in addition to the above you will receive a welcome pack. The welcome pack includes:
- Print edition of The Vegan magazine
- Membership card for use in Holland and Barrett stores
- Vegan recipe cards
- Informative leaflets
What payment options are available?
If you live in the UK, you can pay for your membership using Direct Debit, or credit or debit card. If you live outside the UK, you can pay using a credit or debit card.
This is our most popular payment method, and it helps The Vegan Society keep administration costs down. Through the Direct Debit Guarantee, you are protected and have the right to cancel payments when you wish. You can choose to pay monthly or annually.
Credit or debit card
We use PayPal to take card payments. You will be directed to their website where you will be given the option to pay by card. You do not need a PayPal login to do this. We accept all major cards and do not keep any card details on record.
When will I receive my membership card or welcome pack?
We aim to dispatch membership cards and welcome packs within five working days although during the Covid-19 situation, this may be longer. If you live outside the UK, please allow up to 15 working days. If you have not received your card or welcome pack outside these time periods, please email membership[at]vegansociety[dot]com or ring 0121 523 1730 and select option 5.