The Vegan Society’s International Rights Network Conference 2020, in partnership with The Portuguese Vegetarian Association (AVP) and Aliança Animal, was held as a digital conference in September 2020.
Recordings of the talks can be found below:
- How Veganism came to be associated with 'Extremism' 'Radicalisation' and Counter Terrorism Policing - by Jeanette Rowley
- Catering for Everyone, Campaigning for a Plant-Based Option on every Public Sector Menu - by Sabrina Ahmed
- Vegan in America: Life, Liberty, and the Unalienable Pursuit of Animal Rights - by Adam Karp
- Ban on 'Dairy' Words, German Case Law and the Importance and Limitations of an International Standard for Vegan Food Labelling - by Ralf Muller-Amenitsch
- How EU Regulation is Important for the Vegan Movement - by Francisco Guerreiro
- Law and Mandatory Access to Vegan Food in Portugal - by Nuno Alvim
- The Confirmation of the Legal Protection for Vegans in Great Britain - by Jordi Casamitjana
- State Discrimination Against Veganism in Portugal - by Elisa Nair Ferreira
- Plant-based Food Labelling in France - by Marie Laffineur-Pauchet
- Veganism and the Law in Italy - by Carlo Prisco
- Discrimination against Vegans - by Oscar Horta
The ideas, views and opinions of our valued conference speakers do not necessarily represent the ethos of The Vegan Society or reflect its policies. Talks given by individual speakers serve to generate discussion in our shared objective to emancipate nonhuman animals from human exploitation and speciesist prejudice.