Stir this sauce through some cooked pasta for an easy mid-week supper. Or, if you're having a party, try making pizza slices by spreading it on some pitta breads or puff pastry squares and top with veggies, olives and vegan cheese. Delicious!
- 1 lb (450g) tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped finely
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 dssp soya sauce or to taste
- Blanche the tomatoes for 60 seconds in boiling water, then remove skins and chop.
- Heat the oil, add the onion and saute gently for 10 minutes. Do not brown. Add the garlic and saute for a further minute.
- Add the tomatoes and gently bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and cook for 10 minutes with the lid on, stirring occasionally.
- Liquidise and add the soya sauce.
- Reheat and serve.
You can omit the garlic if preferred and make this a plain tomato sauce.